Saturday, March 26, 2011

17 miles......I made it

So this week has been kind of crazy. I switched up some of my days and then thought I was supposed to do 7 but was supposed to do 8, so Monday I got out and did 4 1/2, Tuesday I did 7 (supposed to be 8!) Wednesday Don said he would go with me so we went out and did 5 again, I was gonna do eight but I didn't so I was gonna do 8 on Thursday but never got out, We went to Wasatch Runnings night run and Don did another 5 however I invited Wendy and she came down and I didn't want to leave her alone so I walked 2.5 with her. Soooo Friday I was gonna do the other 8 but my day ended up being too packed so I never got out. I missed a whole run, I did do some biking on the bike machine but it just isn't the same.
Which brings us to today. I stayed up too late last night. I knew I should go to sleep but after the long day I just wanted to lay in bed and watch tv. When I got up this morning I just wanted to roll over and go back to sleep but that isn't gonna get my mile sin now is it... I finally got out of bed and got ready. When I got to the river where I was meeting everyone I just really wasn't feeling it. I don't think I ever did this run. It is hard to run when you don't really want to be there. The last couple miles where hard for me. I think I did all I could to finish the last half mile. It felt like a great accomplishment to say "I just ran 17 miles!!" I could barely walk to the car and to sit down oooow it hurt!! I made it home (called Don on the way home and had him draw a cold bath) somehow got myself out of the car and when I got to the bathroom It was sooooo cold I thought I was gonna cry. it really hurt my ankles! I don't think I really stayed in the full 10 minutes. I got out and don helped me dry off, I went and climbed in bed. I laid down for a few minutes and then got up and I am feeling pretty good except I am tired!! 8 weeks to go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment