Saturday, April 2, 2011

8 miles to go!!

Today I had 18 on the calendar and I did it!! I DID IT!! I feel good about my training although I have had another week of slackership! lol! I was really scared for this run for the sole fact I had to do it alone! All my friends ran earlier in the week. I texted another friend Angela, She only had 14 to do but her and a bunch of others were meeting so I decided to join with them. Wendy also came down. She ran 8. I did run by myself but I was in a new area but it was so beautiful and different I just loved it and really enjoyed my run. I ran out and back 6 (which makes 12) When I got back everyone was done so I decided to just run home. I estimated it should be pretty close to 6. But it would be better than having to have Wendy wait for me to run another 6 miles. (she drove us there) They thought I was pretty crazy but I was determined to get my 18 in. I really felt good. I got to about 15 and when I stopped at a light I was in major pain and as soon as I started running I couldn't feel it. When I hit 18 I was just about home. I ended up doing 18.47. Feeling good. also I kept thinking I only have to run this many miles 3 more times ha!

ok here is my post for Daily mile.. I liked it better. plus I thought of something else I Wanted to mention. I decided I really do like to run by myself. I like the fact that I can go the pace I want! it makes me much more comfortable. I ran a bout 30 second faster than my original marathon pace. I think I will pace myself at 11 minutes, set my watch to chime if I got over 10:30 or under 11:30. I think this is going well and look forward to my 20 in two weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment