Saturday, March 5, 2011

my 2nd 14 mile run

Second time EVER!!
side note: as soon as I walk through the door I am usually on my computer logging my run, if my description feels too long I cut it from Dailymile and bring it here. :) then it always takes a couple days to finish it up

ok I ended up doing this all by myself. I wasn't looking forward to it but it ended up being ok. The first 3-4 miles SUCKED! My foot hurt. I ate a small Clif bar within my first mile, I just wasn't feeling it and thought I am never gonna get through with this attitude. I tried to think happy thoughts with the strong winds slapping me in my face! I ran for 6 miles with the wind hitting me right in the face. I knew if I could just make it to my turning point I would be good. I walked a few times. When I finally made it to the corner I was turning on I was ecstatic! Bonus: it was DOWN HILL!! I really picked up the pace and immediately felt great and I never felt bad or walked again! I ran by the Jordan River Temple, something I have wanted to do for a long time! I was afraid I was taking to long, before I left I figured it would take me about 2 1/2 hours, I was going so slow I kept telling myself with the wind to my back I can make up time, I made it in 2 1/2 hours! Whew! I was able to get Jacob to his practice!



now today is Sunday. My legs are sore, I should have taken an ice bath. I will definitely take on this Saturday as I have 15 miles to go.

I have been thinking how fun it would be to start a running group so I have put it out there to see if I could get some ladies to join me on some runs.



1st pic- Kennecott Coppermine! I think it is so beautiful! esp covered in snow!
2nd pic- Jordan River Temple next time I will stand in the drive was and take one without the fence!



















































No comments:

Post a Comment