Friday, March 18, 2011

St Patrick's Day 5k-Happy Birthday to me!


Last year I really wanted to run the st patrick's day 5k even though everyone thought I was crazy well this year I DID IT!!! I had a blast and got another PR!! I beat my previous 5k time by 30 seconds! So this run I had Don, Wendy and Bridgette with me! We met up Monday and bought the fabric for our shorts. I ended up checking the kids outta school I wasn't sure if we would have enough time after they got out to get to the start line and pick up our swag. so we got there early. The run was good! I felt great till about 2.25 then it hit me! There was one girl a bit in front of me and one a bit behind me. I felt I had NOTHING left but as we came up on the last turn I heard the girl behind me and I totally picked it up! I DID not want her beating me!! lol I don't know how close she was but she didn't pass me and I had a strong finish! I am so competitive some times! lol I will try to add some more pictures when I see them posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment