Sunday, April 6, 2014

Temple to Temple Half

I feel so lucky to live in the valley I do. Being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints I have the privilege to live within 20 miles or so of 4 temples! For the longest time I have wanted to run from the Draper Temple to the Oquirrh Temple. During the first weekend in April our church has it's semi annual general conference where we get to hear the words of our church leaders giving us encouragement and keep us on the straight and narrow path. On Facebook in one of my many running groups we were talking about where we should run. Almost everyone is training for a marathon. Some, like me, are in a taper and the others are in a low miles week. I suggested that we run from temple to temple. It was 13.3 miles which pretty much fit into everyones needed miles for the day.
When the group said yes and we were planning it I posted on my wall and in another group. We ended up having almost 50 people come! It was pretty cool to be able to put on the run and I joked when I live my dream of becoming a race director this will be one of my races.
One of our members who couldnt run with us that mornungncame out to support and take pictures.  So we have pictures of us out running.

I loved running. My eyes always looking toward the temple, isn't that how life should be, our eyes continually on our ultimate goal. Of course many times the song "I love to see the temple" came to mind. And when we ran that final hill to our goal Don took my hand and we finished together at the temple hand in hand. I loved finishing seeing all the happy people! Most everyone brought food so we even had a breakfast, if you can call cookies, cake and bread breakfast food!

I haven't had a runners high like the one I had for quite a while and I think a lot of it was the spirit of this run. It still warms my heart when I think about it. I love the support from everyone and ther appeciation. It will definitely become a tradition. I fact in October we are running from Draper to Timpanogus! that is up and over a mountain!

No comments:

Post a Comment