Friday, April 18, 2014

Staring Ms Marathon in the face

After that rotten marathon 18 months ago I really didnt think I would domanother one but here we are, the eve of a marathon. Salt Lake again, a new course that looks like a beautiful course and we are going through one of my favorite pkaces to run, Bonneville Rd and Memory Grove!
My packet is picked up, done lots of carb loading, not nearly as well trained as I had hoped. But ready or not in 12 hours I will be sitting at the start line ready to go.
I thought I had mentioned why I chose to run SL last but couldn't find it so I will write it now.

I had been told SL Marathon was pretty miserable and one of the worst out there so it had always been out of my mind.
One afternoon I was watching The Spirit of the Marathon (if you havent seen it, go watch it) for, well I've seen it a few times. Anyway,  they interview the mayor of Chicago,  he said something like "we close the roads of the city down and you get to run the streets of your home town, who wouldn't enjoy that?" My thought was, that sounds awesome! So I pretty much signed right up!

Looking back two years ago when I last attempted this one I think about running through some areas I live that I woukd never have the chance to run. Sooo many memories of my beautiful home town. I am soo excited to run snd really enjoy this marathon! I cant wait to feel the love from the city! Although I am questioning my sanity! 


See you in 26.2!

No comments:

Post a Comment