Thursday, February 13, 2014

Utah Lake

I really wish I could keep my blog active! I need to take the time for it but I just don't so you get two posts today! I wrote the previous one a week or so again but didn't post it..



Ok So last year a bunch of runners ran across Utah Lake-like ACROSS the lake, cause it is frozen! It looked pretty amazing so marked it in my head to definitely do it the following year. Which I did! And it was pretty amazing! AND people think I am pretty crazy! HA!

The night before the planned run I got a message in my Facebook inbox, it was from a fellow runner, he went to high school with my sister and I went to high school with his brother, my small Utah world! ANYWAY! He had a newspaper reporter who wanted to come out and do some interviews and take pictures and he asked if I would be the contact for it so I was! The article was posted yesterday so I wanted to post it here so I can reference it later! YAY! (I am feelin cool!)



I had a really fun time! We met really early in the morning, there was 23 of us that took off out but only about 18 actually went the full distance. I warmed up and was able to shed my jacket. We started on the West side and ran East-toward the sunrise. When we made it across the lake (6 miles) the snow was pretty hard to run in because you would step and go down another inch. it was like running in soft sand. Also there was open water on the East side too! There was a lot more slush heading back, the sun was up and warming quickly.

My friend Charles Stoddard. I hadn't seen or ran with him a a LONG time! He said he is recovering from being fat!
about 2.5 miles in there is a big fault across the lake. It was scary to cross it but it was solid. the big shards of ICE poking up were a bit daunting!
SELFIE!! Havin a blast!
You can never go wrong with a picture of the sunrise!! A new day!!
Running friends across the lake!
one last gorgeous picture! My view for an hour!



I was in the back end of the group but guess what? I don't mind, I am a slower runner but I get out and I enjoy it!

So in total it was a 12+ mile run! I backed so far off my running last year I couldn't just go out and run this mileage. I am so excited to be to this point again!

Oh another funny thing-cuz I never blog-I came down with the flu on Dec 22nd. :( I recovered so quickly! I ran a half marathon on Jan 4, 15 miles on the 11 and another half on January 18. I went in to the dr office (I did a research medication so I was at the dr a ton) and I was telling them I had already ran 3 half marathons THIS year they couldn't believe it. They said I should be the poster child for the flu! lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment