Sunday, March 4, 2012

Lake to Lake Relay

This past weekend we headed down to the sunshine of St George Utah for a quick 50 mile relay with Tom and JaNae. It was so beautiful, definitely a rave run. I didn't have my camera on either of my legs but did take some at the finish line.
We headed down on Friday grabbed a bite to eat then headed back to the condo via a road trip to Walmart. We got back about 11ish and went to bed, We had to be to the start by 7:45 and it was a 45 minute drive but we wanted to be early enough for pictures. which I don't have yet.
JaNae was leg one, Tom's friend Susan leg 2, Don was leg 3, I was 4 and Tom was 5. It went so quick I ran one of my best times the first leg and didn't have enough time to recover to do really good my second leg. I only had about 3 hours it seems to recover, and leg two was a difficult dirt road that was very hilly, It's name is The Dirty Hill Climber, It had about three really big hills. It is rewarded with a prize at the end. This year was a sweat towel, which I will post a picture when I get one :)

We finished by 3:30. Our team came in 41 out of 112 teams and 17 out of 51 in our CO-ED division. We did the 50 miles in 7 hours and 23 minutes!

We ended up having to get new tires and had dinner and were able to be home about 10:30pm! like I said, quick trip!

This was a fun run but I don't know if I would do it again.




No comments:

Post a Comment