Thursday, February 23, 2012

oops too many miles today!!

I had my route mapped out an deja vu from last week. My aunt and uncle used to live out here somewhere and I swear I saw the road that we used to turn down so I decided to check it out. I had my watch I can adjust my route accordingly. so off I go down unknown roads only to think I don't remember the road being that long.. well I didn't go the whole way it could have been but I knew the next street down could have been it too.. that one was definitely not it cuz it was a dead end. so off I go back on course I was feeling good and listening to The Marathon Show podcast. which I absolutely love!! It helps the run go quick! So The show finished just about when I got home. I planned to stop and fill my water bottles and go on for the second half. When I got home I remembered I had some coconut water in the fridge and had been wanting to try it out on a run so I filled my water bottle with it. It was strawberry guava flavored and delicious! so I kept changing my course since my first route I had run almost 10 miles. oh brother so I figured approximately in my head and went for it. as I was checking my mileage I stopped my watch. I didn't know I had till about what I thought was a mile later but was more like a mile and a half. I figured I had lost about a mile so Some how thought I needed to go to just over 17 miles and be good. so that's what I did. When I came home I remapped where I had gone and it said 19.16 miles. You know what? I felt GREAT!!! I ran my fastest miles the at about 16 and the mile I lost I know was fast and was looking forward to checking out that too!! oh well!! I am supposed to run 20 next week but because we are going to St George to run Lake to Lake I won't be running it so it is a good compromise. which I though about doing anyway! lol some times mistakes turn out good. It was cold and my legs were freezing I went in shorts so I skipped the ice bath. I am still starving and very thirsty!!! next big run will be in 3 weeks.

oh one more thing.. About The Marathon Show.. oh this is crazy.. Joe, the podcast host, is gonna be at Utah Valley... I have been dieing to meet him. when you listen to him a lot you feel like friends.... do I seriously run another marathon this spring??? really?? should I??? EEK!!! I WANT TOO!!!!! I know DOn will want to cuz it can be his first :) it would be my 4th!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment