Friday, March 9, 2012

20 miles...

So I changed up my training a tad bit. I was supposed to do 20 last week but with the L2L relay I decided to push it back a week. I decided last night to run part of it out to my parent house which is 8 miles. It made the run pretty easy going somewhere and coming back. I almost did the extra 4 before running out there and next time I will. I had given them a time frame to be out there and running the extra 4 would have put me way late because I ended up starting later than I planned, I was hoping it would warm up but it didn't. It was 28° when I left. My goal was to do it in under 4 hours. Which I accomplished. I need to get a recorded and tape some of my thoughts cuz I had a couple things I wanted to blog about but can't remember now. I felt so strong today. At 18 miles I was running a good 10 minute pace and felt so strong. I wish I knew my right pace but because I had stopped at my moms house my watch didn't show my moving time. So it is showing pretty much the same time as I was running my 20 milers last year but I think I could take almost 5 minutes off. I will be running 16 next week and 20 the following two weeks so my goal will be to have those two 20 milers under 3:45 and then under 3:40. I felt very strong and great today! It makes me excited for my marathon. crossing my fingers they get the permits in and approved!! EEK!!

No comments:

Post a Comment