Sunday, March 18, 2012

the birthday run that totally sucked....

ya the title sums it up. The end...

No just kidding. OK I might write about it later but first thing is first! Last August when I did two half's I qualified for what is called a Half Fanatic. I just never had the extra money to spring to be part of their club. Last week a friend posted that she qualified and got it. Well it was my birthday and I got some money so I signed up! yay! I am Half Fanatic #2068.
ok on to the birthday run. I decided to run the Shamrock Half. I tried to get a bunch of peeps to come out with me but only had a few which is fine. so We got up and I didn't really feel great but I felt ok. nothing that would worry me. So I got running and was really wishing I would have brought my fuel belt. I was so thirsty. Finally at mile 4ish they had water stop. Well by then I just felt I needed something more than water so I opted for the gatorade....not a good idea. I immediately started feeling sick and was pretty much nauseous the rest of the race. At mile 11ish I almost fell down when my leg cramped. I have NEVER cried at the end of a race but I bawled my eyes out on this one. I was so glad it was over. I finished in 2:17:36. which is easily 10 minutes slower than I would usually run. It was horrible and devastating but I NEED to remember that I am gonna have races like that. It doesn't matter how strong I feel one day I could be sick the next. I also need to remember even if I think the water stops are good I need to just take my own water. There, I am over it, I am gonna get over this one and look forward to my next run... which I am a pacer for and totally freaked out now!

No comments:

Post a Comment