Friday, January 28, 2011

new paces

I can't believe how I am progressing. I ran last night 4.6 miles and averaged sub 10! I was soo excited! I got an email a few months ago from a local running store about their night runs they do weekly on Thursdays. I've really been wanting to go. I finally made it last night and ran with some different people. It was a great challenge. I really pushed myself and had a hard time breathing but I did it. It really makes me excited for the 5k in two weeks. I just need to find a good goal for it! my last 5k goal was beat 30 minutes which I did. maybe I should just try to get below 29 min. I am really happy about it! I am so giddy it is ridiculous!

I use a Garmin Forerunner 305 to track my miles. I recently felt I knew my watch enough to start using the heart rate monitor. It is a huge difference I try to keep my heart rate somewhere instead of my pace. I really feel this is what is helping me become stronger. I have felt the better strength since using my HRM.
My cousin Joe uses a website called Garmin connect and encouraged me to also. HOLY COW I LOVE IT!! it is such a fun site! It makes so much better sense than the regular upload site. When I get it figured out some more I can post some of my runs right to here!

No comments:

Post a Comment