Saturday, January 22, 2011

I kept telling myself....

that i would do better blogging.. but I haven't.

So Anyway I had bought a pair of Asics back at the end of September-I think. They never did feel right but I kept with them. the past few weeks I have been having major arch pain and I had a hard time running. I am not sure the Mileage in them, some days I would say I don't want to hurt so I would put on my old Saucony's. and wa la no pain! I finally broke down and got a new pair. I was waiting for an extra $100 to come along. Well this past Wednesday I got an email from a local running store. the email was titled save the pig! I opened it and was reading along they said if you put a quarter in a piggy bank for every mile you run after 400 miles (about when you need new shoes) you will have $100 (the cost of new shoes) well this Saturday they would give anyone who came in a piggy bank, and if you bought shoes they would put a couple dollars in it. cool right? Well I didn't have $100 :( so I put it out of my mind but really liked the idea of the quarter per mile. Well Don got paid for a couple of jobs so I took some money and I got me new shoes today! and a piggy with 2 bucks in it (I ran 8 miles this morning too!) so I am a happy owner of new Saucony's that I love! I had them before my Asic's. I seriously can't wait to run on Monday!!
On the topic of running.... I started my first Marathon training this week! I have only been running about 10 miles per week and I jumped to 27 this week. My knee told me so this morning with a couple stings. I also have given up my favorite beverage and it has been hard in the afternoons when I am soo tired and just want a Diet Coke. I have been trying to take little power naps before the kids get home from school.

Upcoming races:
I have a 5k on February 12th. this is called the Sweethearts run. I don't know if my sweet heart wants to run :) but my sister's are and my dad too! I am really looking forward to it!
I also have Canyonlands Half Marathon March 19th. I am excited to put an other half under my belt! I have been getting registered for all the runs I want to do this year and watching for a few more to open up.

In Closing:
I hope my foot pain will cease and I can keep running injury free. oh and my average pace is coming down!! I have also started running with a heart rate monitor which I really like!

No comments:

Post a Comment