Saturday, January 1, 2011

catch up!

October was a big month! On Oct 9th I got up and ran a 10k (my first official one) and it was great! I then went to a 5k called the undead race. This race was so fun! most everyone was dressed up as zombies or survivor's. I wish I wouldn't have procrastinated on these.
I then headed of to Las Vegas where I learned to play roulette and stayed up late every night! also Don won $500 dollars!! BUT the main reason we went was so I could run the Las Vegas Ragnar :) It was a blast and I didn't journal it :( On to November, I did find a run I did the Utah Human Race 10k which was on Thanksgiving morning. I almost made my goal of finishing under an hour but I did it in like 1:01. :(
Oh in October I registered for the Ogden Marathon!!! EEK! Maybe I already posted that.... I also found a new running partner since Jen stopped running after TOU. I run with a gal Hayley who I went to high school with. She ended up going into a quick in/out surgery on her foot. It wasn;t anything major but it put her out for a couple weeks and then with the Christmas holiday she has grown out of shape. it is amazing how quickly you get out of shape an dhow hard t is to get back in shape.
Well that brings up to today. I got up early and in less than 10 degree weather to run a 5k. a few weeks ago I challenged Wendy and Bridgette to do the couch to 5k program and I would run a 5k with them. That was today Wendy worked so hard an dis really loving running and Bridgette doesn't really care at all, which is fine. But we all did it today. It was a blast! Wendy set a goal to make it in 45 minutes and she achieved the goal!
Well that's the catch up. A new year. Oh I ran 600 Miles last year! I am hoping to double it this year. I have a few 5k I'm looking at a couple half's, at least one full and a couple Ragnar's.

No comments:

Post a Comment