Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Taper Tantrum!!

So I have had one bad run after another.. my legs feel heavy and tired, I am NOT eating right, which does what to me? P-A-N-I-C!!
I even texted my cousin yesterday told her I was pretty sure I was gonna die on Saturday. She called and talked me down. I started to think when did this happen. When did I start feeling this way? I think it might have been when I exposed my goal. The one you keep in your head and when ya don't you immediately regret saying anything and don't feel prepared for it. I should be prepared, I could have done it three weeks ago if I wouldn't have gotten those leg cramps. So guess what... From this moment on I will no longer think horrible things happening to me. I will think of that finish line and the clock saying something like 4:29:55 or something. I will eat good the rest of the week, and drink water like CRAZY!!!! It is gonna be perfect weather again!! How can I ask for something better!! I'm gonna go over the course in my head and think about where I had trouble last year and blast through it! I'm not gonna let my negative attitude ruin my goal! and tonight when I go for my last run I'm gonna take it easy and think about how awesome I am!

I'm GONNA DO THIS!! I'm gonna achieve my goal!! OH YES I CAN!


ps

I came across this funny blog on Daily mile. oh yes I have been doing a few of these. I refused to take any responsibility last night for this weekend because of the marathon, I am totally having a taper tantrum.
http://www.healthontherun.net/running/marathon-training/tapering-for-dummies/

#3 you don't have me!

2 comments:

  1. I get pre-race jitters so badly! I hate it!!! I drank a bunch of caffeine the night before my first Half Marathon, and I was a wreck!!

    Good Luck on Saturday! Try to enjoy it!! It's more fun to achieve your goal if you can enjoy yourself while you do it! Good Luck!! You'll be great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally love the fact that you BLOG!! I had no idea!! Now one more way for the mCat to stalk you!!

    We are gonna start off Saturday with POSITIVE VIBES!!! Nothing else allowed!

    You are gonna do great - I know it!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete