Monday, May 21, 2012

It's mind Blogging!!!

I often think about the things I want to blog about while I run but when I sit down I have already blogged them away in my mind. Some times someone will say something and I will remember I wanted to blog about that!
So here are a few of the things I thought about while I ran on Saturday through the beautiful land God has blessed us with!
I usually don't put my music on during the first bit of a long race. I love to listen. As I started down the canyon I listened to everyone's feet. I blocked out the talking and just listened, you know what the pitter patter of 100+ feet sound like? Rain!! Yes! I imagined myself out in the mountains by myself sitting in my camping trailer listening to the rain. It was so beautiful to see the river roaring down the mountain and listening to the rain drop feet. If you have never listened to that gosh ya gotta!! It really is so amazing!!

I have been saying I don't want to do Ogden again but after running it again I think I want to again!! It really is such a gorgeous run!! You just don't get the full impact of the beauty in a car. It all goes by soo fast!!! We ran down toward Pineview Reservoir and the steam off the lake caused some pretty spectacular clouds!!

As we came around I saw some magnificent horses!! They were running through the field!! I felt like I was in a Harry Potter postcard, ya know cuz pictures in the movie move. The mountains behind them the rolling fields! They looked bigger than life!! It was so amazing I just took it in! Beautiful horses!!

I looked out across the lake as we came into the final canyon, and although I really wanted to enjoy the lake I saw so many people standing along the dam cheering their family and friends on I love that they put names on bibs because I loved to hear my name called out. It is so helpful!

While running down the last main canyon into the city there are so many signs! I would just add my name and take the other out. You Can do it Aunt Sheri! We love you Mom! It made me think of all my family who were cheering me on somewhere else!
The last three miles are a struggle. I didn't have the downhill helping me pull I was all on my own. we came around under the road and dozens of people stood cheering me on assuring me there was just a little bit more! and even more signs here! I read everyone one of them with me name. We run along the path and people pull out the sidewalk chalk and write encouraging things along it! Some made me laugh some made me think some made me want to cry, Like the one that said there is only 10 minutes left when I actually had 2 miles which would take me twice as long! One that made me laugh-"Chuck Norris never ran a marathon" or "Chuck Norris runs on a treadmill". One that made me think and want to cry cuz it truly is inspiring was "No half times, no time outs, no substitutions. It must be the only true sport." Those silly things help pass my time! but I am so thankful for the sweet hands that write those to keep us going a couple steps more!
Most of all I am so thankful for my strong legs and body that carried my on for 26.2 miles! (my watch said 26.47!) I feel like I can do anything!

and now for a few pictures I spaced! Start line with my friend MCat and the last one is of my shirt/bib/medal!




And JaNae! I can't believe I didn't get a pic of us!! :,(

No comments:

Post a Comment