Friday, February 17, 2012

long and miserable

I have read or been told you can only do as much as you planned. You can't take another step further. I have lived this many times and yesterday was no exception! I had 16 miles on the plan and was excited to get them going!! I haven't run that far consecutively since the Ogden Marathon last spring!!

My sister Anna was here this past week and she was planning on leaving on Thursday. She planned on leaving about noon so I asked if she could pick up Sadie. According to my calculations I would be about 30 minutes late to get her so Anna agreed to. I got up and got dressed and was gonna drop off my kids a few minutes early so that I could get a jump start on my run but Anna was up and told me to go, she would drop the kids off! YAY! THANK YOU ANNA!!

It was about 31° when I went. 16 miles is long and I planned a route then decided to do an out and back right before I left. I didn't stick to that plan. My foot started hurting at mile 3 and hurt on and off the whole time. :( It seemed like forever getting to 8 miles. I was thankfully for my new playlist on my Shuffle. It is really great to have good upbeat music when you are feeling low.

As I run I kept asking myself why am I punishing myself with another marathon and not just 1 but 2!! WHY!!! SOMEONE TELL ME!!! OK I know why, It is because I know I can, I love to push myself!! and yes I am soo excited to do it!! I really am!! I just can't wait till it is over!! I didn't take pictures which I usually do... I guess it was because I kept on the roads and didn't do any trails. I have no idea how many I am supposed to do next week and I don't really want to look!!

2 weeks till Lake to Lake Relay. I am excited for it!!! Plus I have been going over Ragnar legs and getting things moving for the Wasatch Back and it is making me excited!! the most exciting thing... By the time WB is here I will have 2 more marathons and a century under my belt!

Happy Running~

No comments:

Post a Comment