Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I want to INSPIRE!


There is nothing like the feeling you get when someone comes to you and says "I want to start running, can you help me?"! I have been running 3 years now! When I started I felt I was in a world of my own, trying to figure things out. I found an online forum on cafemom.com and made some distant friends on there, then I discovered dailymile.com through someone on there and started to log my miles. I had them post right to facebook. It felt silly at first, like I was bragging so I took it off and people asked if I was still running, they told me they loved to see what I was doing. So I added it back onto facebook.
Last summer my sister was having really bad foot problems her dr told her to start running! WOW! So I helped her and my other sister with a couch to 5k program. And they did it but my sister, the one with the foot problems, didn't like it and she stopped but my other sister kept going! She has even done a half marathon. This past summer out of the blue my oldest sister decided she was gonna start too. She wanted to run the family 5k at the reunion. I helped her find a program because she didn't have the full 9 weeks to do it, she ended up getting sick but she walked most of the 5k.
I had an open spot at Napa and I knew if I asked her she would do it so I did and I was soo right! She started training and she did the relay with me! She loves running now, she said she is addicted. I have helped her through some running down days and LOVED listening to her messages, still out of breath, from really GREAT runs!! She signed up for the Tuscon Half Marathon in December, oh how I wish I could be there at the finish line to see her cross! She is loosing weight and made a commitment to me to stop smoking by February when we run another relay together.
About a month ago I had another friend tell me she wanted to start she is on week 3 of the C25k! She posted that a month ago she couldn't even run 1 minute but that now she could run 3 minutes straight!!
Gosh I am so proud of my girls!! I hope I can always help and inspire them to be healthy and fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment