Saturday, February 26, 2011

Rest Week!

I am so thankful for rest week! For a non runner they would laugh at the statement if they knew my rest week consisted of running 27 miles. :) By Wednesdays my legs have been so tired and I am always glad for Thursday for my rest day. My legs didn't hurt this week and I have felt great! Guess I am ready for the extra 7 miles next week. My 9 miles were easy today however running them in snow pack wasn't it really slowed my pace today but I got them done and I am happy.
I asked Don last night should I get up early and go or just go when I get up. He said to stay in bed and go when I got up so I got a late start, not that I slept in. We were up at 7:30. When He got out of bed he said there was 8 inches of snow! I didn't believe him. there was maybe 3 when I looked :) So I made some breakfast trying to decide if I should wait till this afternoon hoping for a break or just go. I got online and our local runner store said they were doing a teaser run down at the river. I knew there would be lots of people so I decided to go then. I went and got dressed to go and was gonna run to the river from my house but Don said he would drop me off on his way (he was heading to the mountains for some snowmobiling).

As I ran I was thinking I might miss running in the snow. It really is so beautiful! I love the cool air on my face (not if I'm freezing though) and I love the sound on the crunch under my feet. I love feeling the snow fall on my face and having to blink to get a snow flake off my eyelash. It is silly but I do like it!
6 weeks into my marathon training. I feel good and confident. I am learning more each day. I really need to start on the mental aspect of the marathon so I don't fizzle out that way. I told my cousin I either feel like I can do it or it freaks me out and I am terrified. I hope I am extra confident on race day!

No comments:

Post a Comment