Monday, April 9, 2012

quick update!

It has been a couple weeks! With spring break last week I kind of forgot to update :) So I ended up not being able to finish the Ironman because of a toothache which turned into a root canal. took three days from my life! SO move forward to Riverton Half. I was able to be a pacer for this run! It was really fun! After my failed attempt at the Shamrock Half getting sick and everything I was about to NOT run Riverton at all. I made a comment on Dailymile and one of the other pacers sent me a message telling me she would be willing to switch spots with me so I could run a slower pace. I am so happy I did! I paced the 2:30 and was able to take it easy and also run the extra 7 miles home and give me my last 20 miler in prep for Salt Lake Marathon. It put me nicely into my taper!!
In case you are wondering what a pacer does they run a certain pace so if someone has a goal to finish in a certain amount of time they run with a pacer and they help them make that goal.
I missed one run last week but plan to stick with it this week and next. I can't believe we are less than two weeks from the marathon!! I am really excited this time and trying to decide how I want to run this because I will have another a month later. Do I want to make a good PR goal or just take it easy so I can make it to the next one. Either way, I feel strong and ready!!

No comments:

Post a Comment