Saturday, November 11, 2017

Pennies From Heaven

I document my runs on Strava. It is quite convenient since my Garmin VivoActive links right up to it. I am going to reference this particular run from 4/15 https://www.strava.com/activities/280582306. it seems like forever ago. This morning I had a big reminder of this run. I found a penny today, I thought about my grandpa and this run we shared. I actually have been thinking about my grandparents the last few weeks. My last living grandparent probably won't last much longer as she is sick and not doing well. I cried a little thinking I won't have grandparents on earth. Even though my Maternal grandmother lives in Canada and I haven't seen her in years it is still comforting to know she is out there. I found that penny today and thought about my paternal grandfather Harold. He was so sweet. I loved him with all my heart. He kept me on the straight and narrow. Out of my three grandparents that have past I feel him the most. And as you can see he gives me gifts. Today I found that penny and thought about him and that run and wondered if I would find a quarter again. Not long after that I Was running on a sidewalk then a neighborhood trails (I never find coins on those) As soon as I was on the street I found a quarter, then another penny then again another quarter. I was so touched by it. I know my Grandpa still looks after me.

No comments:

Post a Comment