Monday, May 9, 2011

in the taper

So I made it the 20 miles! I felt good, legs were so tired at the end but I made it I finally am at the taper. Did the happy dance, then fell down crying... no I wasn't hurt, but my running buddy is!! I can't believe I am going to the Marathon alone!! not sharing that special moment with my cousin JaNae!! I am so heartbroken I have had a hard time getting out to even run. I hardly ran at all last week. I promised myself yesterday I wouldn't slack this week. I would get all my runs in, but here it is Monday afternoon and no run yet today! i had other obligations this morning at the school so I didn't get up early for a run and it has been raining all day so I didn't want to take Sadie out in the stroller. I just need 4 miles, just 4. I hope I can find them!
I look forward to having my marathon over with and like being in the 9th month of pregnancy I keep telling myself I won't do this to myself again but deep down I know I will and I know when I will do it too.
I have signed up for a few more summer runs and I am feeling completely guilty with the Saturdays I am taking. I am ruining our summer hogging it to myself. I have decided to take up trail running and look forward to my first trail run the week after my marathon when we go camping. I have signed up for a trail run series (3 runs) for the summer and I CAN'T WAIT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment